Though our dividend payouts aren’t guaranteed, we’re proud of our consistent record: We’ve made a dividend payout every year since 1872. In fact, we’ve paid more than $48 billion in dividends in the past 10 years alone.
- Expected total dividend payout: $5.2 billion
- Expected amount of total dividend payout on traditional permanent life insurance: $4.5 billion (about 85 percent)
- In 2017, we expect to once again lead the industry in total life insurance and disability income insurance dividends.
Expected Payouts On Other Products
- Disability income insurance: $360 million record payout
- Term life insurance: $165 million record payout
- Variable life insurance: $110 million
- Annuities: $60 million record payout
Our total life insurance dividend payout is expected to be double our nearest competitor, and our total disability income insurance dividend payout is expected to be more than 10 times larger.
What sets Northwestern Mutual apart? Years of high policy retention among clients, low expenses, favorable claims experience and sound long-term investing.